|Alcoholics Anonymous in Southern Wisconsin
A Message to Teenagers...
How to tell when drinking is becoming a problem
- Do you drink because you have problems?
- Do you drink when you get mad at
other people, your friends or parents?
- Do you prefer to drink alone, rather
than with others?
- Are your grades starting to slip?
Are you goofing off on your job?
- Did you ever try to stop drinking
or drink less-and fail?
- Have you begun to drink in the
morning, before school or work?
- Do you gulp your drinks?
- Do you ever have loss of memory
due to your drinking?
- Do you lie about your drinking?
- Do you ever get into trouble when
- Do you get drunk when you drink,
even when you don't mean to?
- Do you think it's cool to be able
to hold your liquor?
If you can answer yes to any one of
these questions, maybe it's time you took a serious look at what your
drinking might be doing to you.
And, if you do need help or if you'd
just like to talk to someone about your drinking, call us at Alcoholics
Anonymous. This web site includes telephone
numbers for all of southern Wisconsin.
(Reprinted from: a Message
to Teenagers, F-9, copyright 1988 by AA World Services, Inc., with permission
from the General Services Office)